Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An unbelievable find..........a 1990 Yamaha FZR400 in absolute showroom condition......100% original aside from a race pipe.......many magazines say this is the best handling sportbike ever sold in the USA....perfect combination of power, weight and handling......awesome GP aluminum chassis and brakes....

First person with $2700 get's this remarkable bike.

(almost impossible to find a clean used FZR 400- and to find one with under 500 miles is almost unreal.....)

Email me at [email protected]
(was gonna keep it- but will keep the Aprilia RS250 & R1 instead)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take some digital photos of it tomorrow- I'll post them here if that's allowed.

It's the grey/black version and there's a possibility it may have not even been started.....the details are a bit sketchy as I officially take possesion of it tomorrow AM- I'll post the exact details tomorrow.....see you guys then.

·
Suicide Kings Racing
2,192 Posts
500 miles and has never been started?

it was rolled down a hill then?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm really bummed out- no pix yet. The bike is down the block from my shop and it turns out that shop is closed on weekends.....I'll have photos of it by Monday.

The reason why I intially said under 500 miles is because I was told the bike was barely ridden at all- after having seen it myself- I believe that 100%........I was later told it was possible the bike has never been started- we're not 100% sure- but if this is true- it would have zero miles.......anyway I should have photos and full details by Monday evening (that's when I take possesion of the machine personally)

PS- When I saw the bike it had been under a cover and the few exposed parts were dusty- but by looking at the rims, swingarm and general quick-look- the bike seems unused.....but like I said- I'll have specific details by Monday evening...i'm hoping it's as clean and mint as I had initially seen it- a closer look will be had prior to my next post of it's details.

·
ItsNotHowFastUGoItsHowUGo Fast
33 Posts
I might highly be interested and I'm in queens... please post those pics and a vin number so i can check.... I doubt theres 0 miles if it has a pipe.

email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK here goes:

the bike was owned by a former m/c shop owner who sold his business but kept a few bikes- this FZR400 was one of them.....his intentions were to race it- so he duct taped the headlights and taillight and removed the mirrors, blinkers and speedo.....there is a clean NY title with 3 miles on it- no misprint- 3!.......he never raced it and instead stored it along with a few other cycles he kept- he's a bit older now and sold all his stored bikes, so this bike was never used other than the initial 3 miles (it still has a central rubber strip from the molding on the tires, so I believe him when he said he didn't use the bike!!!).....the bike is very clean and I'm waiting for a box with the few missing items (mirrors, blinkers and speedo) that was promised to me later this week.....the bike has the keys with the original rubber boots on them as when purchased new- this really is a gem of a find! It's all stock- no race pipe.

.....I've received quite a few emails about the bike......the 1st person with $2700 get's it! (or an interesting trade- but I prefer cash)

E-mail me at [email protected]

here are a few shots I took today with my camcorder.....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One of the emailers from this forum informs me that the tires on this bike are not the original tires- so I guess the "center tire moulding" wont be a true indicator of it's orignal use- but my guess is that the former owner tossed the stock tires in favor of these "race" spec Metzelers.

·
JACK3D!!!
2018 Yamaha R1
468 Posts
Where is the bike located and are they willing to help ship this i.e take bike to Forward Air??

SteveNYC1 said:
OK here goes:

the bike was owned by a former m/c shop owner who sold his business but kept a few bikes- this FZR400 was one of them.....his intentions were to race it- so he duct taped the headlights and taillight and removed the mirrors, blinkers and speedo.....there is a clean NY title with 3 miles on it- no misprint- 3!.......he never raced it and instead stored it along with a few other cycles he kept- he's a bit older now and sold all his stored bikes, so this bike was never used other than the initial 3 miles (it still has a central rubber strip from the molding on the tires, so I believe him when he said he didn't use the bike!!!).....the bike is very clean and I'm waiting for a box with the few missing items (mirrors, blinkers and speedo) that was promised to me later this week.....the bike has the keys with the original rubber boots on them as when purchased new- this really is a gem of a find! It's all stock- no race pipe.

.....I've received quite a few emails about the bike......the 1st person with $2700 get's it! (or an interesting trade- but I prefer cash)

E-mail me at [email protected]

here are a few shots I took today with my camcorder.....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The bike is at the shop I paint at Bronxpowersports and I'm looking to sell it locally (Bronx, NYC)- as I really have no time to crate it and ship it out....I have a ton of large paint projects going on and never seem to have any free time anymore (check out the site and you'll see what I mean)...

...a few people have emailed me on the bike but it's still available and waiting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cool.... thanks anyways. If you come across another one let me know, I've been looking for one for a while now.

But I'm in the Western Yew york area...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts