Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Real Men Drag Their Right Knee
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Phillip Island for a ride day on Monday and upon arrival noticed quite a lot of air fright containers. Found out shortly after that the Yamaha teams were testing there the next day and they were setting up today. Got few good pics of the bikes and also met Melandri, Checa and Abe but Rossi. Bike sounds so good close up(1 foot away). Detail was unbelieveable:thumbup

Attachments

·
RS 250 for the track....
410 Posts
Your pictures are eye candy. How did you get admitted into the pits during private setup?

·
Banned
31,561 Posts
ImagineParadise said:
So as to not wear out the electrical one???
probably hasn't got a starter.(saves weight)

btw uwishr1, good post:thumbup

·
My RR tempts me
654 Posts
They should have a starter cause I don't see how they could restart the bike during the race in case they stall or crash.

·
RSV4 APRC
52 Posts
Just awesome man!! How did they let u in, in the first place ??

·
Registered
439 Posts
No electrical starter at all i think. Saw Max crash last season and a whole bunch of guys came out and push started him.

·
69 Posts
They don't have any starters at all on their bikes, they need to save weight (145kg is a damn low number to reach). They have these electrical rear wheel starters (Honda, Yamaha and Proton), or, like Suzuki a clutch starter.
In case of a crash most of the bikes have a decompression switch (hope thats the right english word) so they can push start the bike again.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Landshark92 said:
They should have a starter cause I don't see how they could restart the bike during the race in case they stall or crash.
You have not seen how all the teams in MotoGP start their bikes by putting it up on the rear stand and use an petrol driven starter, this is like a wheel that you put on the rearwheel to make it spin forward.

And also you must've seen when they crash that they try and keep the engine running. And when it is not running, all the volunteers around the track come up running and helping the riders to push start the bike.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts