Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.I cannot enter YRC setting . a month ago i changed my handle bars and disconnect front light. now i cannot enter YRC setting . everything is fine.but only cannot enter yrc setting. please help me.mine is R1 2019model.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Are there any error codes? If so, you won’t be able to get into settings. I had this problem very recently and after resolving the issues causing the error code I got right in. Try reconnecting the light and trying again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there any error codes? If so, you won’t be able to get into settings. I had this problem very recently and after resolving the issues causing the error code I got right in. Try reconnecting the light and trying again.
mine is 2019 . i dont know how to get diagnostic mode. so i dont know error code

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
236 Posts
The code would show at the top of the dash. Do those check engine and warning indicators turn off when the bike is started? I have a 16 and I don’t get those. Might be an indicator of the bike not being happy. If you can, try reconnecting the lights you mentioned you disconnected. To access the menu, just press and hold the cog wheel on the right handle bar. It will only take a few seconds.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Yam R1S
22 Posts
Hi guys.I cannot enter YRC setting . a month ago i changed my handle bars and disconnect front light. now i cannot enter YRC setting . everything is fine.but only cannot enter yrc setting. please help me.mine is R1 2019model.
Kwalker has good suggestions. Another is check all connections to ensure good contact, etc. you may have ‘loosened’ something affecting the instrumentation- check, double check. Are you able to get the ‘display modes’? If so, you should be able to get into YRC settings option?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kwalker has good suggestions. Another is check all connections to ensure good contact, etc. you may have ‘loosened’ something affecting the instrumentation- check, double check. Are you able to get the ‘display modes’? If so, you should be able to get into YRC settings option?
I cannot enter display mode

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The code would show at the top of the dash. Do those check engine and warning indicators turn off when the bike is started? I have a 16 and I don’t get those. Might be an indicator of the bike not being happy. If you can, try reconnecting the lights you mentioned you disconnected. To access the menu, just press and hold the cog wheel on the right handle bar. It will only take a few seconds.

Check engine light off when i am riding

·
Registered
236 Posts
Check engine light off when i am riding
View attachment 1019169
Is that pic while it’s running? If so, check engine light is still on. It’s the yellow one next to the ‘ABS’ yellow indicator. My bike shows this on the dash and if present I cannot access the settings. Mine also will show any codes on the dash, next to this indicator. I don’t believe I see the check engine light where you see it, but I could be wrong. Might be a diff in 16 vs 19 or even euro vs us spec.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is that pic while it’s running? If so, check engine light is still on. It’s the yellow one next to the ‘ABS’ yellow indicator. My bike shows this on the dash and if present I cannot access the settings. Mine also will show any codes on the dash, next to this indicator. I don’t believe I see the check engine light where you see it, but I could be wrong. Might be a diff in 16 vs 19 or even euro vs us spec.
I am having a similar issue with my 2019 R1. I bought it about a month ago and everything was fine but today I went to ride and I have a check engine light with no code displayed, can not change modes, can’t access menu to go to YRC settings etc, and my display changed itself back from black to white. I am not finding anything on how to clear engine codes or reset them for the 2019. Would like to avoid the dealer if possible. Previous owner had a dyno tune done with some exhaust work and smog block off plates but I’ve been riding it about 1000 miles and haven’t had this issue. I have a hunch it was from doing a little burnout with a buddy the other day but engine wise everything seems fine. I took it for a spin hoping code would go away but it hasn’t. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
236 Posts
A burn out could throw a code like having it on a stand. Rear wheel is spinning while the front isn’t so the ECU thinks the front sensor is bad (code 69). Like Kevap said, that’s just a ride it thing to clear. I’ve had those not clear until I got out on the street — roll down driveway wasn’t enough. If you’ve already done that, hmm. It should definitely clear if you went on a real ride, even to the coffee spot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A burn out could throw a code like having it on a stand. Rear wheel is spinning while the front isn’t so the ECU thinks the front sensor is bad (code 69). Like Kevap said, that’s just a ride it thing to clear. I’ve had those not clear until I got out on the street — roll down driveway wasn’t enough. If you’ve already done that, hmm. It should definitely clear if you went on a real ride, even to the coffee spot.
Yeah I rode it a few miles and turned it off and on while doing so. Not just at 20-30mph too I opened it up a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts