Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Got gold?
224 Posts
My SP is great, its about the suspension on this bike. The US got the yellow LE not the SP, Canada got 16 SP's. These were way overpriced new. There is a guy on EBAY asking $20,000 still, good luck. I got mine for less than a new regular 07 here in Canada. So, if you find a deal, go for it. Most argue, that if your going to the track, its more cost effective to build a better bike starting with a base R1.

·
Roaaar
1,414 Posts
The other day i saw a guy on track and he wanted me to setup his rear shock.
To my suprise the rear didn't even had an height adjuster ! Come on, you buy such a machine and then they screw you over with a cheap edition of the Ohlins, what a shame!
Ok, Ohlins and cheap is a stupid thing to say but why save on those things which might not even cost 5 bucks extra.
Yea, you can fix it old-style with spacers but that's an hour job!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The other day i saw a guy on track and he wanted me to setup his rear shock.
To my suprise the rear didn't even had an height adjuster ! Come on, you buy such a machine and then they screw you over with a cheap edition of the Ohlins, what a shame!
Ok, Ohlins and cheap is a stupid thing to say but why save on those things which might not even cost 5 bucks extra.
Yea, you can fix it old-style with spacers but that's an hour job!
If you just do a search then you would now the the R1-SP has a height adjuster. http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/bikes/Yamaha_YZF-R1SP_2006.html

And in my case it was very good deal for me to buy R1-SP because if I would buy standard R1 2006 and buy just the same rims and suspension R1-SP have (then I am not including the slipper clutch and the special paint theme) it would cost me almost $40.000 here on Iceland so enought sad I like my bike very much and I have to say even if you buy the R1-SP or not the marchesini wheels and ohlins suspension do wonderful things to the R1 machine :):):)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.