Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm going to be a dad!
570 Posts
Newer R1s are 108mm spacing so thats a no.

Reactions: 415s1000rr

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
european stuff is 100mm. pretty much all the japanese stuff is 108mm except i think like 07-14 r1's were 120mm and i thought there was a gsxr but i could be wrong. also the GP4RX are very heavy, they look like the higher end callipers but they are not. the GP4-RS is actually an affordable and great performing caliper. modelled after the M50 but it has some upgrades and is 108mm

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
european stuff is 100mm. pretty much all the japanese stuff is 108mm except i think like 07-14 r1's were 120mm and i thought there was a gsxr but i could be wrong. also the GP4RX are very heavy, they look like the higher end callipers but they are not. the GP4-RS is actually an affordable and great performing caliper. modelled after the M50 but it has some upgrades and is 108mm
Is it because of the RX is 2 piece and the RS is 1 piece to minimize caliper flex?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
The RX is 2 piece with 2 giant steel bolts holding it together and I want to say they are a Bit bigger to accommodate the bolts having to have space to thread into it. The RS being one helps a lot is just doesn't have that shiny nickel coating to make it look expensive lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The RX is 2 piece with 2 giant steel bolts holding it together and I want to say they are a Bit bigger to accommodate the bolts having to have space to thread into it. The RS being one helps a lot is just doesn't have that shiny nickel coating to make it look expensive lol
Lmao! That bling. Aright I’ll get the RS. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have the RX on my R1M and after feeling em I put the RS onto my track bike. The RX look great and don't get me wrong they don't perform badly or anything but on the inside I feel like such a poser know I added weight to my bike to look cool essentially lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts