Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2008 Yamaha R6S that seems to have developed a low RPM hesitation or misfire. I pulled the coils and tested resistance on them and they were all within spec. Spark plugs seem fine, but I'm going to replace them anyway. Stator seems to be charging the battery just fine, getting a good 14 volts on average with bike revved up. Filter is brand new so no problem there. I've tried a new tank of gas to rule out bad gas.

Bike does not idle well, but will idle. Hesitation seems to disappear after 4000 RPM. The bike only has about 8000 miles on it.

Anything else to check that might be an obvious culprit? I was hoping it would be something simple like a coil, spark plug, stator, or rectifier, but appears not to be.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try the r6 forum for a start

Have you checked fuel pump fuel lines pressure

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I'm looking through some old threads on the R6 forum and thinking to look at TPS and making sure the throttle bodies are synced.

I have not checked pressure on the fuel lines yet, but that was my next thing. However, wouldn't a pressure problem present itself across the RPM band?

ECU flash? Like the Flash tune one? I've got the one for my 2007 R1, but was told it will not work with a 2008 R6S model, on the R6.

·
Rubber side down
3,272 Posts
I'm looking through some old threads on the R6 forum and thinking to look at TPS and making sure the throttle bodies are synced.

I have not checked pressure on the fuel lines yet, but that was my next thing. However, wouldn't a pressure problem present itself across the RPM band?

ECU flash? Like the Flash tune one? I've got the one for my 2007 R1, but was told it will not work with a 2008 R6S model, on the R6.
Not TPS I guarantee that dont worry about sync they are its FI

And reflash ecc to stock if you have made changes
As far as fule pressure you prob right but you never know

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts
From a cold start, check each head pipe for one that is possibly colder than the rest. If you find one that's not as hot as the rest, at least you know which cylinder is having trouble. Let bike idle, and check each pipe as it warms up. Hopefully its just a plug.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am curious if you ever fixed your 2008 R6s? I am having some of the same issues and cannot find much on the forums with similar resolutions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've probably got the most random correlation that has no relationship to the cause of similar problems but I'll share in case anyone else can make sense of it.

The one thing I don't like about my R6 is only having one headlight turned on when I'm riding. I feel it makes me less visible to cars pulling out from my left side.

As a result I've adjusted the full/high beam downwards so I can run both lights all the time.

I started getting electrical problems early summer here in Florida. After all the usual checks I was at a loss.

Through trial and error I somehow got the idea there was an association between having high beam on, having the fan running and being stationery all at the same time.

I stopped using high beam during the day and now have no problems. I was breaking down every 3 or 4 rides. Now I haven't broken down for the last 20 rides.

I then went one step further and replaced my headlight bulbs with led bulbs. I am amazed, the low rev hesitation I've always had went away the moment I ran with the led bulbs! WTF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts