Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone knows of or has a TRE for the 07 R1s. Trying to have more control and the computer wont let me. Dyno'ed the bike the other day and from 1000-6900 the computer only gives 40% of the power the bike has. Let me know.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Over doing it
702 Posts
Do a search in the "mods" forum. R1's are not performance restricted in any way. If you are wondering why your R1 doesn't make any low end power its because of the engine design not a safety mechanism.

·
burnin' up the streets
8,783 Posts
no he's quite right that the ecu will only open the throttle plates a certain percentage until past 6000 rpm's.
a tre will not fix this as it's not a timing issue.

so far no one has been able to get around this that I know of.

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
Ok, here is the deal 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear will not allow more than 60% throttle opening ... period ... end of story. There is no work around, not even a PCIII which clearly indicates that it has no control of this trait.

This has nothing to do with the throttle lag 2nd gear 1st generation ECU issue, which is corrected with the factory remapped ECU. I have owned my 07for over a year, I assure you, I know what the deal is :yesnod

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So that really sucks...no way around it huh? :yuk:MAN! I posted another thread asking about the YEC Cams and Computer. Got any input on that one? Thanks for the replys so far.

·
25,747 Posts
I am not sure about the YEC Cams and ECU, but since they are race only, I would assume the electronic throttle limiting is not there. Someone will come up with a work around .... remember this generation is just over a year old.

One thing to consider, is that I believe the YEC Race ECU requires the race wiring harness, which eliminates a lot of your street functionality.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot...that is something to take into consideration. I thought the ECU was just a plug and play into the old Harness. Gotta look into that.:eek:

·
25,747 Posts
When we first found the 2nd gear, 5500 lag problem, we looked into replacing the stock ECU with a Yamaha Race ECU, and the biggest drawback, was the wiring problem. While you are alooking at the race ECU for an entirely different reason, the problem would still affect you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.