Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THURSDAY 20TH OCTOBER 2005

Gauloises Yamaha Team director Davide Brivio heads to Turkey this week in the knowledge that he has helped to spearhead the most successful grand prix season in the factory's 50-year history, whatever happens in the final two rounds.

However, after clinching the riders', teams' and constructors' titles, Brivio's only remaining target for the team is to help Valentino Rossi's team-mate Colin Edwards to the runner-up spot in the riders' championship.

"Our main objectives for this season have been met but the motivation of the team is still high and we want to help Colin to finish second in the championship," said Brivio. "We owe it to him to give him all the material and support he needs to meet his goals.

"For us it was a special emotion to bring the constructors title to Yamaha, for the first time since 2000, and it was a great achievement for Valentino to win his eleventh race but the work has not stopped yet," he insisted.

Edwards has been one of the most consistent riders in the class this season, and indeed is the only rider in the MotoGP field who has scored points at all races so far in 2005. Edwards currently lies in fourth place, just eight points behind Honda youngsters Nicky Hayden and Marco Melandri, who are currently tied on 170-points.

The Texan has missed several opportunities to make the runner-up spot his own and has not visited the podium since his home round at Laguna Seca in July, but he is determined to put things right on a level playing field this weekend.

"I expected a lot more from Phillip Island but we had problems from the first day," explained Edwards. "Even though we ironed a lot of things out on Saturday it still wasn't enough to allow us to fight for the podium and that was disappointing.

"Hopefully we can get off on the right foot at Istanbul – this is still my first season with the bike and we've shown at several circuits that are new to us that we can adapt quickly, so I am confident.

"It's amazing that I'm still in with a chance of second place in the championship and I still have two more chances to grab hold of it. Nicky Hayden, Marco Melandri and Max Biaggi seem to have been flip-flopping places all around me but I've stayed in there and there's only a few points in it.

"Thankfully I can say second place in the championship is still a realistic aim with two rounds to go and that is a credit to the whole team," he concluded.

Edwards leaves pits, Australian MotoGP, 2005

Attachments

·
relaxing
14,115 Posts
if he could pull the second place finish, honda would be hella pissed that yamaha basically swept everything away from them this season....except third.

·
69!
900 Posts
i think we are going to see rossi running as blocker to let edwards get away, then chase him down and dice with him for the finish, edwards edging rossi out after a last lap "mistake".
but what do i know.

·
Banned
324 Posts
jayinnh said:
i think we are going to see rossi running as blocker to let edwards get away, then chase him down and dice with him for the finish, edwards edging rossi out after a last lap "mistake".
but what do i know.
We'll soon find out!!! Yamaha 1st and 2nd would be sweet!!! :rock

·
G Addict
2,848 Posts
Yamaha turns attention to Edwards.

I think that maybe they should be giving more attention then they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Viper333 said:
Yamaha turns attention to Edwards.

I think that maybe they should be giving more attention then they are.

:confused:

That brings back scenes of an Aprilia RS engulfed in fames...

I hope he can do it, but the Turkey track looks like it suites the Hondas better. Qualifications are up on the site...

·
G Addict
2,848 Posts
MOYZF said:
:confused:

That brings back scenes of an Aprilia RS engulfed in fames...

I hope he can do it, but the Turkey track looks like it suites the Hondas better. Qualifications are up on the site...
Yeah fireball Colin :p must of had some serious flashbacks during qualifying. :eek:
Heres Colin thinking Rossi was going to have an incident.
Notice the two pictures of the same turn.
Rossi Lights it up.
Colin thinking that Rossi may have blown/spilling oil, flags a warning to the guys behind them.
Rossi then blazes off leaving a relieved Edwards. (Phew) :)

Attachments

·
G Addict
2,848 Posts
Hey the Yamahas are showing some good MPH.
Elias is looking pretty good out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anybody know why Colin is using Valentino's base setting, chanched his riding style to carry more corner speed , and whats the deal with the new helmet. All this toward the end of a season.

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
tag r 1 said:
Anybody know why Colin is using Valentino's base setting, chanched his riding style to carry more corner speed , and whats the deal with the new helmet. All this toward the end of a season.
As far as I know, this is not the first time Colin uses Rossi's settings as his base setting... like I told someone before, they do work together and share their data... I'm pretty sure Rossi also has tried some Colin's settings before too... you'll always find the right settings faster when everyone works as a team...

About his helmet... not sure why he suddently got a new design... but it's not bad though... :cool:

Attachments

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tag r 1 said:
And about the 250 riding style , any pics there Vale.
Which 250cc rider(s) you're looking for?

Stoner from Turkish GP... :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
I did not expain it correctly. Supposedly Colin has changed his riding style to carry more corner speed , this to me means that he is using a 250 style of riding instead of his superbike style. I'm looking for pics to compare the differences.

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tag r 1 said:
I did not expain it correctly. Supposedly Colin has changed his riding style to carry more corner speed , this to me means that he is using a 250 style of riding instead of his superbike style. I'm looking for pics to compare the differences.
I see... hmm... not sure if you'll able to tell just by the pics though... anyway, here are a few shots from Turkey...

:riding

·
Registered
261 Posts
This guy has such a distinct style, allot like Jamie Whitham, and rides the front like Casoli but not as hard. Such a drastic change you're bound to see something.. Thanks for the pics

·
G Addict
2,848 Posts
Ive always thought that Colins body english was like Schwantz, Russel and Polen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.