Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
go, going, gone
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a bike this summer. And im thinking of buying a Yamaha R6 for it's performance and looks...

But i haven't checked all bikes out and I would like to know what differs from The yamaha R6 and Hondas CBR600RR?

Know this is a Yamaha forum but i figured you guys could help me any ways?

So give me some pro and cons about buying a honda instead of a R6 both would be the new models.(04)

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
ImagineParadise said:
Ask yourself who won AMA '03 superbike?
:2bitchsla <- you

Track and Street = Apple and Orange

:D

·
go, going, gone
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aero said:
Im getting a bike this summer. And im thinking of buying a Yamaha R6 for it's performance and looks...

But i haven't checked all bikes out and I would like to know what differs from The yamaha R6 and Hondas CBR600RR?

Know this is a Yamaha forum but i figured you guys could help me any ways?

So give me some pro and cons about buying a honda instead of a R6 both would be the new models.(04)

... Who won? :vanish
Yeah and of course i want the bike for street use, but i want to get to now the track too!

·
Big Pimpin'
190 Posts
You can't go wrong with either. Personally I'd go for the R6 because it is cheaper and I like the styling/color schemes better.

Eric

·
For the Love of.........Riding
6,718 Posts
I have not riddden the new Honda RR but have ridden all years of the R6 and the F4 and F4i. I like the R6 better and find it a blast to ride.

Thats all I got

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
ImagineParadise said:
yea yea, but yamis still got bragin rights! :finger
:confused: Have you even try the Honda before?

If you want to talk about AMA, why don't you go and check out WSS first? :sneaky

aero,

You can't really go wrong with either one. You should go try to sit on both of them to at least get an idea how it feel. You might like one position more than the other. Both are great bikes, really hard to pick.

Btw, you can't really compare the 600RR with a F4i or F4, cause for 'O3/'O4 they still have the F4i, and this one should compared with the YZF600R instead.

;)

·
WUZ-UP !
4,367 Posts
They're both great bikes..........I like the R6 better

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
They are both truly great bikes. I have the 600RR and it's great, but I would suggest the R6 for:

1. more comfort on the street
2. much better for wheelies when/if you end up wanting to do that

·
ummmm.....adrenaline
442 Posts
I have to put in a vote for the RR. Performance wise the too bikes are almost identical so it is down to looks. The 04 colors for the RR are very sweet and the overall design of the bike is awesome.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
ugh, people that cant read the joke between the lines need to try looking harder wink* wink*. Thats all I've owned before, hondas! (besides right before my F4i I bought my friends kawa 500)
why do you think i said get the busa. lighten up, shit!

yea yea WSS is what, 97% honda? pff Bottem line, both are great bikes and it comes down to what you like.
btw, 04 gp, rossi baby!

valerossi said:
:confused: Have you even try the Honda before?

If you want to talk about AMA, why don't you go and check out WSS first? :sneaky

aero,

You can't really go wrong with either one. You should go try to sit on both of them to at least get an idea how it feel. You might like one position more than the other. Both are great bikes, really hard to pick.

Btw, you can't really compare the 600RR with a F4i or F4, cause for 'O3/'O4 they still have the F4i, and this one should compared with the YZF600R instead.

;)

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
ImagineParadise said:
ugh, people that cant read the joke between the lines need to try looking harder wink* wink*. Thats all I've owned before, hondas! (besides right before my F4i I bought my friends kawa 500)
why do you think i said get the busa. lighten up, shit!

yea yea WSS is what, 97% honda? pff Bottem line, both are great bikes and it comes down to what you like.
btw, 04 gp, rossi baby!
Hehe.. solly man... my bad... :bash

But I wasn't flaming on you or anything...

Cheers... :beer

·
wanna B on the Track
1,150 Posts
WSS are heavily modded... they are pumpin close to 130 hp... ama SS is much closer to stock...

·
Backmarker
2,000 Posts
I would go with the R6... I just prefer the build quality of Yamahas these days. Good, solid bikes. Besides, with that petition thing going on, I would avoid Honda on general principle, at least until they make good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts