Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing my Scott's Damper on the other day, and this guy walks up by my building with his girlfriend and says, "Hey I like your ninja, ninja R1 is it?" Then he continues by saying, yeah his buddie's R6 will whoop my R1 in the quater mile.:dunno Then he continues and says, "yeah, I can't quite handle the r6 and the r1 isn't enough power for me, so I'm getting an R3." :crash
Then I say OK, I and I agreed with him so that I wouldn't start any beef(I don't want him to kick down my bike later). But do people really think that an R6 is faster than an r1 because 6 is greater than 1? What an idiot.

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
:2bitchsla just pray ppl like that never end up riding a sportsbike... Ive ran into ppl like that, maybe he'll buy a TZR50 cuz well 50 is higher than 1 and 6! :crash :no :bash

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
LeenAngle said:
...But do people really think that an R6 is faster than an r1 because 6 is greater than 1? What an idiot.
LOL... :lol

Actually, I've seen couple of non-biker thinks that... :yesnod

·
L8R2U
21,412 Posts
I had a similar story. A guy a gas station his friends R6 was faster than my little R1 what a joke :lol :lol :lol

·
Regulating Grattan
190 Posts
Just the other day I had to explain to some idiot that the 1 meant 1000 not 100. He then asked me why they didn't call it an R-10.

I wanted to :2bitchsla him.

:machinegu STUPID PEOPLE

·
HighRider
699 Posts
Your first sentence sums it all up, this guy and his girlfriend!! He most likely was trying to impress his chick with his ....ummm.. "knowledge" of all things motorcycle. I'd love to see him on the street with an R3, What a pantload. Was the girl at least good looking?

·
Postwhore in training........
2,301 Posts
ohh yeah, i passed on the 04 R1 and i am picking up my new R3 tomorrow................................sure moron. You should have :bash that idiot for being that dumb, and then taken his girl for a ride.

·
Beeeeeer!
9,540 Posts
Just last week a guy was saying that his buddy had the first year R6 with alot of motor work done to it. Put out more power than any of the newer bikes. I said Hmmm? I used to have a '00 R6, is your buddy running Noooooos? He said "No, theres not enough room under there after all the motor work. I'm thinking ok,. So, how much power is your buddy putting out? I've got 138 on my R1. He said Oh no, it's got more power than an R1. Luckily I had to leave at that point so he didn't see me laughing.

·
I am allergic to stupidity!
268 Posts
I had a guy ask to race me in his F and F eclipse. He said he could do the quarter in low 13's....i sorta laughed..he wants to race me title for title his car for my bike. People that don't ride don't realize. And yes I have had my bike called,"One of them ninja's" i mean i understand why they would say that..you know with Yamaha big as hell on the lower fairing and Robotic R1 decals all over the bike. Let alone my yamaha jacket. It is an easy mistake

"

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
MicronR1 said:
I had a guy ask to race me in his F and F eclipse. He said he could do the quarter in low 13's....i sorta laughed..he wants to race me title for title his car for my bike. People that don't ride don't realize. And yes I have had my bike called,"One of them ninja's" i mean i understand why they would say that..you know with Yamaha big as hell on the lower fairing and Robotic R1 decals all over the bike. Let alone my yamaha jacket. It is an easy mistake

"
So you have a eclipse in your garage now? :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Funny thing is that his girl was the one who pointed it out and said "Hey, nice bike, how fun is it?" Should have showed her how fun I.....uh....... I mean the bike can be.

·
Read Only
4,001 Posts
trident said:
Actually, if I remember correctly there was a mockup done by yamaha called an R3.

I believe that is an RZ350 oil burner with TZ bodywork and R1 paint/decals

or did you already know that?:crash

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,864 Posts
:lol

Sad that this isn't the first example I've seen of this... Never heard of the R3 though...

- BA

·
the Green Bastard
6,973 Posts
The R3 is the best of both worlds!:thumbup
The power of the 6 and the handling of the 1!
:2bitchsla :lol :thumbup :riding :dunno

1 - 20 of 47 Posts