Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
running with scissors...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BREA, Calif. (March 8, 2004) - American Suzuki Motor Corporation (ASMC) today announced that Team Yoshimura Suzuki factory rider Aaron Yates will be sanctioned for his actions at the season-opening round of the AMA/Chevy Trucks Superbike Championship Series in Daytona Beach, Fla., on Saturday, March 6, 2004.

According to ASMC, Yates acted in an unsportsman-like manner while representing Team Yoshimura Suzuki. His personal conduct has resulted in ASMC levying a $25,000 fine against Yates.

"I understand the frustration that Aaron was feeling," said Mel Harris, vice president of ASMC's Motorcycle/ATV Operations. "This was the second consecutive year where he would have had a podium finish at the Daytona 200 if circumstances hadn't intervened. Despite that frustration, cooler heads must prevail in professional racing situations. We at Suzuki feel that the fine is appropriate for the conditions."

·
I am allergic to stupidity!
271 Posts
I wonder what if anything will the AMA do? That is like finishing in the top 5 in like 3 races right?

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
Big Daddy said:
The 25k is appropriate and just, now lets see what the AMA slaps him with.

BD
The AMA will ask Yates: "What did the five fingers say to the face..." :lol

·
Not Again
1,314 Posts
man anyone of us would have done the same to that guy....i wouldn't have just head butted him (helmets would have come off ) :machinegu

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
Thats a good start... Now I'd like to see ama suspend his ass for a couple of races... That kind of behavior cannot be tolerated in professional racing (or any racing for that manner).

- BA

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
bpa00 said:
Thats a good start... Now I'd like to see ama suspend his ass for a couple of races... That kind of behavior cannot be tolerated in professional racing (or any racing for that manner).

- BA
:iamwithst

·
I am allergic to stupidity!
271 Posts
25K is not that much to him is it? I think they (Suzuki Factory Riders) get a salary and expenses plus what they earn for placing in a race, right? They are paid very well for what they do.

Like I said all he has to do is finish like in the top 5 in three races and the fine is paid. I mean I heard or read that Mladin is making more than a million a year..i am sure Yates is not making that, but probably close..more than a couple hundred thousand. It will be interesting to see what the AMA with hand down. I think it will be 2 races. Then watch they will do something stupid like let him pick the races he wants to sit out.

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
MicronR1 said:
25K is not that much to him is it? I think they (Suzuki Factory Riders) get a salary and expenses plus what they earn for placing in a race, right? They are paid very well for what they do.
25k is a lot of money to ANYONE...especially people that make a lot of money. Unless they are frivolous with their money like Mike Tyson :crash (this emot sorta looks like him too:lol )

·
Too old for this crap...
1,869 Posts
valerossi said:
LMAO... I love that video!!! Charlie murphy facial reaction was priceless.

Wow at first i though it was AMA that was fining the guy, never thought it ASMC. I guess they take that incident seriously since the rider that he kicked was also on a suzuki.

·
Large Marge sent me
4,066 Posts
valerossi said:
:lol :lol :lol i don't think rick james is an AMA board member :lol :lol :lol

·
Blue is best
787 Posts
R1 Limited said:
man anyone of us would have done the same to that guy....i wouldn't have just head butted him (helmets would have come off ) :machinegu
Maybe at your track at "lets be Rossi day" but it certainly should not be tolerated at their level.
Tough breaks are what seperate the idiots from the true heroes of the sport. Did E Bos respond with flying kicks and head butts when Yates took him out at Laguna last year? He was in contention for the title not the season opener.

·
Offshul College Dropout
213 Posts
i hope they throw the book at his ass because he acted like such an idiot

but you gotta admit-that drop was funny:lol

·
I Bleed Blue
199 Posts
Thats gotta hurt getting fined by your sponsor. At first glance of this thread I thought for sure it was AMA that fined him.
This ought to look good on Yates resume next year when suzuki drops him
:fact

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
EliminatorR1 said:
Wow at first i though it was AMA that was fining the guy, never thought it ASMC. I guess they take that incident seriously since the rider that he kicked was also on a suzuki.
Well, I think this is a move that ASMC made to save the Suzuki reputation, you know what I'm saying.

:)

raidwolf said:
:lol :lol :lol i don't think rick james is an AMA board member :lol :lol :lol
:lol

You never know, maybe he owns enough share to ask that question... :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts