Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
American Suzuki is fining Yates $25,000 which I think is a strong message from the factory but the AMA was just $5,000 and a 1 race suspension. He should have received at least 2 races I think or maybe more from the AMA. They also asked him to take a anger management corse. what do you guys think?

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
:bs They should have banned him for at least 3 races.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
KNEEDY R1 said:
:bs They should have banned him for at least 3 races.
Personally I think three races and a similar fine to the suzuki one would send a strong message that might deter future actions like this from anyone.

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
Well, they need more of an audience. For that, they need competition. And for that they need (and I dont know why) Yates. So, back on the bike he goes.

·
Forum Moderator
32,431 Posts
:boom :boom :machinegu

·
Road Kill Hunter Extraordinair
180 Posts
Well, the good news is that with 2 DNF/DNS's already, he will have a difficult time placing in the top three for the season.

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
yup...the punishment cant be too high otherwise it looks like they are showing preferential treatment. I guess they could ban him from more races...but really no need to, his championship hunt is way over before it even begins. I would bet he is done at Suzuki at the end of the year also.

Sucks.

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
I dunno, $30k in fines is quite a bit. I imagine it would be the equivanlent of me getting a $3k fine which would suck ass for me...

- BA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts