Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Yates going to WWE!!!!

926 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Chucklemaster 
#1 ·
Did anyone see Yates drop kick Fania? I was laughing my ass off! I can't believe he did that. THen he shoulder blocked him. The funniest thing is when the guy starts making masturbation motions. Yates I think lost it at that moment. Then Fania is filing charges against Yates. This is going to be a good year.

#2 ·
:lol :D Yeah, that was hilarious! I was waitin for a ref in a striped shirt to come flyin in! :lol I couldnt beleive what I was seeing, my g/f walked in front of me and I just caught the point of impact when Yates's feet connected with Fanias chest!

Truly another classic moment in AMA Superbike history! :thumbup :bow

#3 ·
Yates was a total ass for his behavior. The crash was his fault to begin with. He makes a bad pass on the outside, too close. The lapped rider appeared to be holding his line just fine, but Yates took HIM out, not the other way around. Then he goes and blames the other guy and goes off on him like a little beetch....

#5 ·
This was a classic for sure. A top Pro rides into the side of a slower rider and it the slower guy’s fault? He was setting up for a right looking at where he was going to be. I doubt if even saw Yates before the impact.
Last year at Fontana Yates took a guy out in practice; it was totally unnecessary and dangerous. How is it that these guys get the idea that the factory ride gives them special rights on the track?
I was involved in a "racing incident" with a former PRO who then thought to add assault to a dangerous move that had already put him on the ground.
It takes a special type of person to be a racer, very me first attitude. But good manners must be maintained. You must have respect for the other riders and their safety as well as yours.
To say that Yates could have avoided the contact is an understatement. To see him take responsibility would almost make up for the damage he has done to Professional Racing.

#6 ·
Eyespy said:
Yates was a total ass for his behavior. The crash was his fault to begin with. He makes a bad pass on the outside, too close. The lapped rider appeared to be holding his line just fine, but Yates took HIM out, not the other way around. Then he goes and blames the other guy and goes off on him like a little beetch....
:yesnod :yesnod

#7 ·
Does anyone remember when Bostrom caused that accident at Barber last year and took him and Duhamel out of the race? Duhamel was pissed and Bostrom felt bad for making a move that he thought he could make. I mean if you commit to an action you have to stay with it..right or wrong. Duhamel didn't drop kick his team mate. When Hacking and Buckmaster got into there little thing...they yelled at each other and were pissed but neither dropped kicked each other in the ass. The only thing I have to say is usually Matt Mladin is the asshole, he went over to see how Damon was doing after his wreck in practice and the pain he was going through and then cried after winning the race....almost looked like a true champion. Yates, just lost it. To me it looked like Fania was trying to hold his line, but got into the corner too hot and too deep. In my opinion he tried to optimize his line with out interefering with Yates. Then it looks like Yates was hot and couldn't adjust his line accordingly...i can't tell if Yates turned into Fania or if Fania went into Yates. If Fania went into Yates seems to me it would have kicked Yate's rear out. If you look Yates was very hard on the binders...he knew they were going to hit. Yates would have been ok if Fania didn't get caught up in the rear wheel of his bike. Correct me if I am wrong...lapped traffic is a part of racing right? I mean no one else had a problem did they? I mean there was at first 40 riders right. I mean Mat Mladin was passing right and left all day long.

#8 ·
Aaron Yates

I would love to see the AMA suspend Yates for a couple of races. That would teach the guy. It would basically eliminate him from the championship which would be a just penalty for that display.

#10 ·
Visit www.cyclenews.com - There is an interesting article on Fania and on Yates. Then there is one where Suzuki is fining Yates $25,000. I was in Daytona but was not able to be at the track - or near a TV during the race. So, I listened to it on the radio (since I was close enough to the track that I could get the radio feed.)

I heard the announcer say that Yates got tangled with a back marker and was out of the race. I turned to my friend and said, "I bet Yates is kicking the s*** out that guy." Right or wrong, when you are running 2nd with a shot at victory - adrenaline is pumping! Yates wasn't right - and he admits it. He also backs up my statement that he was pissed and looking to take out some aggression.

For sure, this will be a great racing season!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.