Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
GOT BOOST?
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an 05 R1 with the hotbodies hidden exhaust kit with integrated blinkers. It looked pretty hot.

Just wanted to see what you guys though.:fork

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
had one on my bike when I got it...loud looked ok. Im much happier with my shortened graves titanium pipes with conical endcaps:fact

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
i had them for about 2 years without any problems, but I have heard stories about melting issues.

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
I have their undertail on my 04...only to hide a couple bottles of nitrous. Also Heard of the melting issues. I think it looks ok...wish I could have gone with a sleeker tail...but didn't have that choice.

·
Thread Killer
1,866 Posts
I am going to have to go with NAY. I think it looks ugly. No offence. Just get a nice aftermarket pipe.

·
Yellow R1's are faster
387 Posts
dont do it..

·
Cheese is 50 cents extra.
206 Posts
Nay on the Hotbodies piece.

For that kind of money, you can get some nice pipes with some classy bling to them.

Hotbodies looks cheap and the paint is not really that great to begin with.

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
well i have to say alot of people i know have hotbodies kits on their bikes (GSXR's, R1's, and a Ninja)and the paint match up is spot on... the thing i didnt really like was how heavy the pipes were...my graves pipes and y pipe weigh less together than just one singl hotbodis can:fact

so add up the weight of both hotbodies cans and the stock y-pipe compared to the Graves Titanium system and you would be amazed...the graves can be easily lifted up with a pinky:fact

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
Pics?

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
I havent had this exhaust for a while now so these are some really old pics, well like 6 months old, but I have stuck an ass load of cash into her since so I feel like its been a long time:lol

and my last one of the exhaust...

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
i think the hotbodies looks awesome and would have kept it if I hadn't found a killer deal on a pair of GYT-Rs, which I always wanted.

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
ever since the graves introduced the conical endcaps I remember telling myself if I ever have a 04 and newer r1 I will have that exhaust, especially if the bike is blue...

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
something I didnt like about the hotbodies kit was the way the tail light was mounted, well actually the whole way the tail felt flimsy after it was installed...there is ways of making it sturdier tho...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.