Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
1 Litre Gixxer Eater
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i've been having a hard time trying to find a YEC gasket here in Canada thats .010 thinner than stock. Martinc's link page shows a contact but i was there today and they can get them anymore. My girl friend is a marine Yamaha dealer and can get me parts but i need to know what the part number is. Is this one 4XV-11181-70 a part number anyone has used? I you have used one, please let me know what part number you have, other than the ones on the Yamaha site. Thanks

·
JIM BA ITAI
268 Posts
ca412686 said:
Hey guys, i've been having a hard time trying to find a YEC gasket here in Canada thats .010 thinner than stock. Martinc's link page shows a contact but i was there today and they can get them anymore. My girl friend is a marine Yamaha dealer and can get me parts but i need to know what the part number is. Is this one 4XV-11181-70 a part number anyone has used? I you have used one, please let me know what part number you have, other than the ones on the Yamaha site. Thanks
I don't know if this will help you....
PN 4XV-W11181-70 has been superceded to
5PW-11181-70 with this description:
HEAD GASKET R1'98-'03 T=0.50

And there is an alternate gasket:
5PW-11181-75
HEAD GASKET R1'98-'03 T=0.55

I assume the T= stands for thickness, but not exactly sure if that is metric or what.

Hope that helps!

·
1 Litre Gixxer Eater
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Yec Gasket Help!!!

kspurlock said:
I don't know if this will help you....
PN 4XV-W11181-70 has been superceded to
5PW-11181-70 with this description:
HEAD GASKET R1'98-'03 T=0.50

And there is an alternate gasket:
5PW-11181-75
HEAD GASKET R1'98-'03 T=0.55

I assume the T= stands for thickness, but not exactly sure if that is metric or what.

Hope that helps!
Thanks, I just dont want to have to get one from the US because of the price and cost of duty. If anyone else has any part numbers they used, let me know. Its for a 03 R1. I just want the .010 thinner, whick would be .55 one

·
1 Litre Gixxer Eater
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump

·
1 Litre Gixxer Eater
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Yamaguy is also trying to find a place in Canada for me too. Hopefully i can get one :yesnod

·
1 Litre Gixxer Eater
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so whats the deal with removing leafs? Is it hard to do? Is there any down sides to it? I heard that in GSXR's they have little oil holes or pressure hole in the layers. Will they leafs just peal off? Thanks again for all the help with this

·
1 Litre Gixxer Eater
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya i got a yamaha mechanic friend of mine going to do it for me for cheap. Im going to get my stock cam sprockets slotted for cheap too. Thanks for the heads up though........I have a boxR, so i was thinking of going 100 on the exhaust and 110 on the intake, any thoughts on that set up guys????

·
1 Litre Gixxer Eater
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Paging: Yamaguy

·
Blue is best
787 Posts
Have'nt forgot about you, I made 3 calls to Brooklin Cycle today but the guy I deal with was'nt available for various reasons during those calls, Rob's a busy guy.

I also called my local Yam dealer to find out about the availability of the YEC gasket, their system would not locate the gasket # I gave them, so they are calling Yamaha Canada to inquire.

I have to find a permanent source for these things myself as the race team will be returning all of their previous years' R1's stock to make room for the new model.

As Martin has said Cometic would be a good place to look and I think I am going to give them a call myself.

The idea behind removing the center leaf out of a gasket is to provide more compression but this is a move that only the race teams use to get a little extra out of the bike. If you remove the center leaf you have to plug the oil return passage in the head with a 160 main jet to simulate the size of the hole in the center leaf, if you did'nt do this you would drain the head too quickly of oil as the hole would be too big.

My advice at this point barring me producing any gasket for you (and myself) would be to give Cometic a call. I believe the gasket is very thin (.010") so you would be lowering the head approximately .020" (from stock) causing the desired increase in compression. Of course this will necessitate degreeing the cams.

Cometic would be able to tell you the increase in compression with the gasket swap, I'm going to look into it myself. In my case I would have to make sure my piston to valve clearance would be ok as it is close now (as evidenced by the valve "shadows" in the piston pockets) so I may have to cut my piston pockets slightly. With the stock motor there should'nt be any problem with clearance but again Cometic can give the desired info.

Ahh what we do for horsepower.

·
1 Litre Gixxer Eater
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Yamaguy, i really apreciate the help. If you do track down the cometic gasket let me know. I'll go for one too.

Martinc, what is the difference in the case gaskets? Does it do anything for more power? and thank you too for all the help.

·
1 Litre Gixxer Eater
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya, thats what i thought. I'll stick with the Yamaha stuff too, but maybe that Cometic if Yamaguy finds them. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts