Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I here everyone saying, "yeah, my local dealer is going to sell them for 10,200" and so on....... Well guys, here in the Memphis area the dealers were letting 02's go for like $8199 OTD:rock so anyone who pays more than $9000 for the 04 is gettin some serious anal penetration:eek: . I'll try to keep everyone updated as our locals release prices since this area seems to have the best prices in the country. Anybody who needs some help buying one from this area is welcome to ring me at 901-351-4764 when the time comes. Piece out

Ian Gilmore:riding
www.redlinestands.com

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
I don't know of any dealers around here in MARYLAND that have an 02 left, but the 03's are going out the door for 8,500$ to 9,300$ BRAND NEW!! Depending on where you get it... There trying to get rid of them quick, thats why the prices are so low.. 04's are coming..

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
Eyespy said:
In this part of the country, virtually every 04 is already accounted for.
:yesnod :yesnod
depending on what you want, they are mostly gone already.

Fine with me, i'll still outrun em.

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
Definitely some sweet deals on the older model.... Gonna make it impossible to sell mine, so guess I'm just stuck with it :)

The best 04 deal I've seen around here is $9600 otd (seen receipt to prove it)...

- BA

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah guys...I sell Yamaha. My store has great allocations. The other dealer closest to us is only gettin' 3 R1's. My store is gettin' 10! And orders are already on 7 of em. Guess what they sold for? List! So anyone on here that tells you to get one for 9K or not at all has had his anal penetration and isn't feeling so good about it. Anywhere in South C. you can plan to pay list. The great deal with this 04 is going to be the proud new owner of the most amazing machine ever produced. :thumbup

·
Registered
331 Posts
No offense intended...but most people from Memphis still think that Elvis is alive so I see how you think that you'll get an 2004 R1 for 9k. :bs But Elvis is dead...and the R1's will not sell for that. Sorry bro. :hellobye 9k is less that the dealer will own it for.

·
Registered
633 Posts
2001GSXR750 said:
Anyone know what the 03 1ks are going for? Specifically Califonia.
In Cali our prices are higher than then rest of the nation. 1. We have sun year round so prices stay up and 2. We have those damn emissions laws, that equates to emissions parts which we pay for. Anyway, I've seen them go for around $11K - $13K. I got mine for $10k OTD (including gear), and that was cheaper than what my buddy got an R6 for, but I knew the dealer. With the 04 coming out soon you still will be paying between $10,500 and $11K usually not including gear. We get shafted in CA.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yamaha of Hollywood

I was offered $10,000 out the door on an '03 R1 last week. Yamaha of Hollywood has six of 'em, and no '04s yet. My guess is that, once an '04 hits their showroom floor, they'll deal even more on '03s.

I'm lookin' to buy, if anyone in So. Cal. has a line on a dealer who's lookin' to deal. Maybe that place in Ventura, Cal Coast something or other?

Mark
[email protected]

·
Local Hooligan
321 Posts
You know what? I work at a dealership in Cali, and i know our prices are a little bit higher than everywhere else... but i dont believe and of this crap about how other states are selling there's so cheap. Those prices are below invoice... now unless they are getting raped for flooring, on a bike that sells itself none the less. I wanna see some actual Bills of sale here to prove these bullshit prices. I think they are selling wolf tickets. There are dealers here that say lowball prices here too, and they usually dont even have the bike to sell! So show some papers, and no photochopped crap... back up those prices with some real numbers... not this B.S.!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
:iamwithst

·
South Side Hitmen
2,214 Posts
battlehatch said:
You know what? I work at a dealership in Cali, and i know our prices are a little bit higher than everywhere else... but i dont believe and of this crap about how other states are selling there's so cheap. Those prices are below invoice... now unless they are getting raped for flooring, on a bike that sells itself none the less. I wanna see some actual Bills of sale here to prove these bullshit prices. I think they are selling wolf tickets. There are dealers here that say lowball prices here too, and they usually dont even have the bike to sell! So show some papers, and no photochopped crap... back up those prices with some real numbers... not this B.S.!!!
Easy boy easy......
last November I bought an 03 R1 for 8999 OTD then payed 280 bucks for tax and plates. The deals are out there you just have to look.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts