Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Once u go turbo u never go bac
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone considering buying wheels, pipes, sprockets...PUT IT ON HOLD !!!

Your first mod should be to TURBOCHARGE your R1. My friend and I just finished completing our kits this week and wow what a SLIGHT difference in power.

Another good friend of ours has a 2002 Red R1...they both did a roll-on race on the hiway...02' was in 4th gear....01' was in sixth.... The turbo'ed bike walked him like he was on a 600.

Of course $5000 isn't laying around either! BUT IF YOU COULD YOU SHOULD.:jump

· One time at band camp.......
158 Posts
What's up? I am down the interstate here in Salina. Myself and a couple of buddies would like to come to KC some weekend to ride with you guys. Is there anything coming up in the next couple of months that would be cool to attend. You can email me if you'd like at [email protected] I would also like to see some pics of those turbo R1's! javascript:smilie(':rock') Later...........

· Registered
76 Posts
u have absolute right.....blow it...and second install a steering damper...that"s it..

it"s stunning ..

acceleration from 5000rpm is :)

i"ve done 3500 km with my turboR1 now...and yes..riding turboR1 ...it"s best u can do with your pants on...

· The original AceRacer!
164 Posts
Ok Turbo is something i have thought aboput alot. i have a 180SX with a big turbo so putin one on the bike is something i have thought about over and over again. First: where to go for a good complete kit?
second: What HAS to be done in order to put a turbo on?
Third: Anything that I would need a dealer to do?

· Slideways.
120 Posts
Ok i think thats awesome... a boosted bike. :D But I have a question for you... this isnt really a good thing for a track bike huh since the linearity of the power delivery is somewhat eschewed... :confused: ...but like i could handle the stock power anyway... ;) just curious.

· R1 xTc
244 Posts
I think a damper should be first on the list of upgrades. Followed by suspension mods. Then start looking for HP.

Whats the point in looking for extra HP if the R1 has problems using the HP its already got through the twisties.

Each to there own.............:thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.