Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
beer aficionado
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has installed a yoyodyne slipper clutch on their 04-06 R1 this question is for you. I helped a friend install one on his CBR1000. Test riding it, the shifting is smooth as all get up and I want to get one. The punk got rid (trashed) of his cd manual that came with it (it had install instructions for almost every bike including the R1). I need to know what the manual recommends for parts, ie shims and plates. If anyone has the .pdf manual or knows where to find it, i'd appreciate it :) . I get no contact (email/phone) with Yoyodyne's contact page.

·
Premium Member
37,428 Posts
just contact the guy at yoyodyneti.com. He will help you with all your needs... :fact oh and click on the contact us at the top... :lol

Attachments

·
beer aficionado
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks 1hander, those photos helped a bit. the only questions i have are that the disks are installed in reverse order? Is there a need to replace the disks or are the stock ones good to go (mileage depending)? Yoyodyne has a spring retainer that "i might" need. is that the spring clip you need to be aware of?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.