Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
My R1 Makes me Horny!
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone seen Zeitgeist?

I don't know if there may have been any previous thread on this off topic subject or not but if not I'd love to know if anyone has seen this independent film/ documentary and more importantly what you think about it. It's a three part film of a three movie series but this first one I found pretty intriguing. Many Christians will not like the first part of it so if you haven't seen this film and want to, feel free to skip Part I because I felt it had little reverence in the main message of the film itself. And if you Military or Ex- Military guys have seen it, I'm dying to know what you think about it.

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,763 Posts
I don't know if there may have been any previous thread on this off topic subject or not but if not I'd love to know if anyone has seen this independent film/ documentary and more importantly what you think about it. It's a three part film of a three movie series but this first one I found pretty intriguing. Many of your Christians will not like the first part of it so if you haven't seen this film and want to, feel free to skip Part I because I felt it had little reverence in the main message of the film itself. And if you Military or Ex- Military guys have seen it, I'm dying to know what you think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTbIu8Zeqp0
https://www.r1-forum.com/forums/28-off-topic-talk/208428-zeitgeist-movie.html

·
My R1 Makes me Horny!
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,466 Posts
Not in my analysis. I see way too many patterns apart from the arguments that this film makes.
Our minds are hardwired to see patterns. It doesn't mean the data points have any significance together in any grouping/pattern. But, if you want to believe in a variety of conspiracy theories, go ahead. The issue of course with these sorts of things is that once you accept that there is some powerful group out there who seeks to control the world, any counter-point is immediately dismissed as a product of said group to keep people from learning the "truth".

Another friendly reminder that just because something is a "documentary," it doesn't mean it's actually worth paying attention to.

·
My R1 Makes me Horny!
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Our minds are hardwired to see patterns. It doesn't mean the data points have any significance together in any grouping/pattern. But, if you want to believe in a variety of conspiracy theories, go ahead. The issue of course with these sorts of things is that once you accept that there is some powerful group out there who seeks to control the world, any counter-point is immediately dismissed as a product of said group to keep people from learning the "truth".

Another friendly reminder that just because something is a "documentary," it doesn't mean it's actually worth paying attention to.
Our minds are hardwired for what we are brain washed to believe. And of course just because it's in a "documentary" or on TV or in a movie or in print in a book, magazine or otherwise doesn't prove anything true. But the way you conclude if something is factual is all based on the evidence and there is an incredible amount of that if you just open your eyes.

Can we agree that these things below are facts?

1) Corruption exists in the world.

2) corruption exists in this countries political world.

3) Politicians are pretty easily swayed (corrupted) by large contributors who help fund their campaigns and support their efforts to get or stay elected.

4) USA has been in and remains in perpetual war. Do any of these wars make sense? "Iraq has Weapons of mass destruction." = Proven completely false. Do The continuation of wars throughout the Middle East make sense? It definitely does if your a military contractor, Central Bank or in the Oil business or if your Israel. Does the American people benefit from the "War on terror"? Not over on the other side of the world we don't. And I can go on and on about these war arguments for quite a while but I implore you to watch Oliver Stone's; "Untold History of the US." then watch "The Four Horseman" (another "documentary" that provides actual testimony from ex CIA agents and more on what is going on in the world), and you will see that the US has been in countless wars all over the world and overthrown countless governments. The film "Syriana" (watch it) was based on a true story as told by the screenwriter who described conversations he had overheard about the Middle East wars:

5) Fact: Retired 5 Star and Ex- President General Dwight D. Eisenhower warned the American people just before the inauguration of his predecessor about the dangers of the power of influence of the Military Industrial Complex.

6) Fact: Kennedy warned the American people about secret societies and the real danger of "...that an announced need for increased security (911 - The Patriot Act, Creation of NSA which collects far more metadata on us than internationally. You can ff to 7:23 seconds into this speech to hear it for yourself and he continues to talk about a ruthless "conspiracy" who goal is to "infiltrate...." :

7) Fact: Retired 4 Star NATO General warned the American people that he was told in the Pentagon prior to the invasion of Iraq, that there was never a legitimate reason to do so and that they created a plan to invade 7 countries in the Middle East (several we have already done so) and N. Africa;

Do I need to go on? I can....

So take just some of these series of Facts and analyze them, then apply them to the Conspiracy Theories to conclude the Theories to Facts.

·
My R1 Makes me Horny!
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Fact; censorship in and of media, public information and free speech has grown astronomically. See below LA Times article that was released this morning detailing that Alex Jones (whom I personally don't like at all because of how he tries to sway people through irate, irrational emotions), proves the statement above about Censorship and that those who decent, will be silenced one way or another.

This just in: Tech companies gave massive platforms to conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones. Is the crackdown finally here?

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,466 Posts
I can't tell by your words whether you believe what Alex Jones says or not (since you just criticize his methodology).

What does our past meddling in other countries/governments have to do with Zeitgeist? :lol

·
My R1 Makes me Horny!
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I can't tell by your words whether you believe what Alex Jones says or not (since you just criticize his methodology).

What does our past meddling in other countries/governments have to do with Zeitgeist? :lol
As to your first statement on Alex Jones; I'm not saying I agree, nor disagree with what he has to say because it's irrelevant. What bothers me about his presentation is that it's filled with emotional incoherence and not presented with reason.

As to your question about past meddling in other countries; Zeitgeist reasonably provides important information to show what the real motives are about our constant meddling with other countries.

·
Venom X/O
23,218 Posts
Scott, long time no see. Did I see you selling things lately on Facebook? Have you done any riding/racing lately?

I’ve always loved conspiracy theories, especially ones concerning Kennedy. It’s hard not to lean towards what they allege because you see things like what Hillary has done as Sec of state, then Feldstiens aide was a Chinese spy for 20 years.

Things like that make me believe in one world order

·
My R1 Makes me Horny!
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Scott, long time no see. Did I see you selling things lately on Facebook? Have you done any riding/racing lately?

I’ve always loved conspiracy theories, especially ones concerning Kennedy. It’s hard not to lean towards what they allege because you see things like what Hillary has done as Sec of state, then Feldstiens aide was a Chinese spy for 20 years.

Things like that make me believe in one world order
Hey Chris. It has been a long time. I'm not on Facebook anymore but I am selling things, everything to be exact. :sneaky

I've actually always foolishly disregarded C.T.'s because they all sounded to crazy but I've taken the Red Pill, I'm awake now and sadly see how a lot of these things make a great deal of sense in a very disturbing way I might add.

·
I miss my R1
2,976 Posts
For every argument there is a counter-argument... As a Canadian who is also an Atheist, I've no particular interest in either side of this argument, but I found the movie to be quite misleading at times, and found the following "debunking" to be relatively straight-forward and mostly factual.

Zeitgeist, the movie Debunked - Introduction - Zeitgeist Exposed - Skeptic Project

IMO, all the "facts" in this movie are tainted by the director's agenda.

If you believe what's in it, that's fine, but you may want to go do some external research on your own as well.

·
My R1 Makes me Horny!
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For every argument there is a counter-argument... As a Canadian who is also an Atheist, I've no particular interest in either side of this argument, but I found the movie to be quite misleading at times, and found the following "debunking" to be relatively straight-forward and mostly factual.

Zeitgeist, the movie Debunked - Introduction - Zeitgeist Exposed - Skeptic Project

If you believe what's in it, that's fine, but you may want to go do some external research on your own as well.
FYI: I'm for the most part an Atheist as well although I'm starting to question that. And YES I absolutely agree on doing external research to verify what is promoted to be factual from any source and I have and do regularly. If you take a look at some of my own supporting arguments that I detailed above which are backed by facts, you may see there is more reason to believe than not.

·
My R1 Makes me Horny!
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also believe it's extremely important to question many if not all things in life. It's really the only way to "enlightenment" or finding the truth.

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts

The only thing I believe in is taking care of is my grandkids, kids and the rest of my family, close friends and riding buddies. F-everything else!!!

·
My R1 Makes me Horny!
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only thing I believe in is taking care of is my grandkids, kids and the rest of my family, close friends and riding buddies. F-everything else!!!
I get that but doesn't "taking care of..." them include being aware of and protecting them from threats?

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts
I get that but doesn't "taking care of..." them include being aware of and protecting them from threats?
Yes it does, I agree. BTW, my parents made me go to church, was an alter boy and all of that, as soon as I had independent thinking at about the age of 13 I now longer believed in religion, experienced to many hypocrites at the church i was forced to go to that were very much into their own lies. (Not saying all that believe are that way)

·
My R1 Makes me Horny!
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes it does, I agree. BTW, my parents made me go to church, was an alter boy and all of that, as soon as I had independent thinking at about the age of 13 I now longer believed in religion, experienced to many hypocrites at the church i was forced to go to that were very much into their own lies. (Not saying all that believe are that way)
Although I respect everyone's choice in their belief system, I've seen plenty hypocrisy myself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
10 Participants
Storm Trooper
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing