Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
My R1 is SCRUMPTRULESCENT!
1,620 Posts
Aint technology a wonderfull thing?? I always figured the Govt would try to regulate once bikes hit 150 hp. I'm soooo glad I was wrong.

·
Home Track Qualified
900 Posts
martinc said:
Yeah,the blue one says about 157 rwhp?

Oh God...
How about 100 ft/lbs of torque starting @6500 rpm:eek: :eek: :eek:

and those harley guys thought they had tq.:finger

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
R1-U.F.O said:
I don't care if it's got 200hp! It's still bug ugly! R1 is much more ascetically pleasing to the eye!

·
Banned
31,561 Posts
so much like the 1998 r1 that started it all!:yesnod :thumbup

·
My R1 has a little weiner
485 Posts
Re: Re: ZX-10R with akrapovic

RTSR6 said:
I don't care if it's got 200hp! It's still bug ugly! R1 is much more ascetically pleasing to the eye!
Gee I've never heard a R1 fan say that, seems to be their official statement.:finger

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
Re: Re: Re: ZX-10R with akrapovic

Andy29 said:
Gee I've never heard a R1 fan say that, seems to be their official statement.:finger
I like my R6 better than my R1! ZX10 is just plain ugly! Look at it! Really look at it! Not just Hp #'s!

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: ZX-10R with akrapovic

RTSR6 said:
I like my R6 better than my R1! ZX10 is just plain ugly! Look at it! Really look at it! Not just Hp #'s!
I've really looked at all the liter bike pics when they surfaced some 2-3 months ago and instantly ruled out the r1, g1k which left me with the 10r and cbr to choose from, alas the 10r won out over the r1 because it didn't appeal to me in any way, shape or form. You like twin exit pipes I like one. You like twin side air intakes I like one more efficient front intake.:fact

BD

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ZX-10R with akrapovic

Big Daddy said:
I've really looked at all the liter bike pics when they surfaced some 2-3 months ago and instantly ruled out the r1, g1k which left me with the 10r and cbr to choose from, alas the 10r won out over the r1 because it didn't appeal to me in any way, shape or form. You like twin exit pipes I like one. You like twin side air intakes I like one more efficient front intake.:fact

BD
Not to mention that if you polish that huge-ass frame, sexy swingarm and wheels, it would look HOT!!!!! Get some blue hand grips and a chrome windscreen to match the frame.

If that's your thing of course. If you don't plan on doing any posing, then just ride the damn thing and don't complain about the looks.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts