Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of trying to sell my bike, i have wanted a R1 forever, but i came to the relization that i cannot afford insurance on it.

So i am thinking of possibly getting an '03 636. i just wanted to know if anyone has one or knows anyone who does. and if you could tell me anything about them, good or bad.

thanks for any input.

·
working on that new bike
4,597 Posts
lots of recalls on the kawa's---bad oil pumps and mufflers coming off and junk like that....i wouldnt trust it outta the parking lot

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Yamahamer said:
I am in the process of trying to sell my bike, i have wanted a R1 forever, but i came to the relization that i cannot afford insurance on it.

So i am thinking of possibly getting an '03 636. i just wanted to know if anyone has one or knows anyone who does. and if you could tell me anything about them, good or bad.

thanks for any input.
check this site out......

http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/

BD

·
Registered
444 Posts
korrupt1 said:
lots of recalls on the kawa's---bad oil pumps and mufflers coming off and junk like that....i wouldnt trust it outta the parking lot

I got the 636, and it has only had one recall on the exhaust bracket. Which kawasaki fixed promptly. Otherwise none have been issued on my model. I wouldnt trade it for any other 600. It's hands down the fastest stock 600 ive ever been on and handles awesome. Only complaints come from daily riding and street use. The suspension isn't very friendly for anything other than race track smooth surfaces. The 6R is a waste of money. IMHO.

The next up would be the CBR600RR, it has less power than the 636 and seemingly R6, but handles better than either of them. Probably the extra weight.

Then I'd get an R6 after that. Requires lots of rev's to keep the bike up. The midrange is extremly poor compared to the 636, but is definately up there to the 600RR.

The Suzuki 600 2003, sucked. But I heard the new one is pretty nice. Never got to ride one yet. It's all in what you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts