Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Power Hungry
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I sit here patiently for my bike to arrive (not!), I'm pondering on how this bad boy is going to handle. The R1 is only 100CC more than my ninja was. How much difference will there be between the two? The 9r was 405lbs, and a lil wider. Powerwise, is it significant? I get the image I'll be riding a ex500 with a 1liter engine in it. Can't wait to ride again!! The 30-45 day wait is gonna suck! :rant

·
Sorry I Thought You Could Ride
62 Posts
I was on the list in Jan to get my new baby I still have to wait another month it sucks. I want it now. I know how you feel.

·
Power Hungry
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's bad enough to wait all winter for riding season. I sold the ninja back in August so I haven't rode since then. Man I miss it, and waiting for it is driving me nuts. Specially when they're all over the place with all the nice weather coming in.

·
Achieving Ground Superiority
120 Posts
My '95 9R weighs in at 500# wet. Muzzy pipe; K & N; jet kit; tooth down on front sprocket--Don't know what kind of HP it's making, but it pulls hard enough to put a smile on my face. I'm sure my new R1 will make my butt pucker.

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
KungFu said:
While I sit here patiently for my bike to arrive (not!), I'm pondering on how this bad boy is going to handle. The R1 is only 100CC more than my ninja was. How much difference will there be between the two? The 9r was 405lbs, and a lil wider. Powerwise, is it significant? I get the image I'll be riding a ex500 with a 1liter engine in it. Can't wait to ride again!! The 30-45 day wait is gonna suck! :rant
my friend has a zx9. compared to my 03 the thing is a pig. It just feels heavy and slow. Keep in mind the new 04 has an additional 20 hp. You are going to be so suprised. after riding some of the new liter bikes r1, 954 and a gixer, he put the kaw up for sale last week. congrats..

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
I had a 98 9R. It was big and all, but it still had great punch, was making 138 hp by the time I was done with it. The thing could be ridden all day with no comfort issues at all even with a passenger since it had the rails. That is the only thing I dont like aobut the R1 is it has pretty much no passenger arrangements. I am in my mid 30's so my wifes fat ass aint getting up there for longer than a few minutes and I sure hope none of my friends see it!! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts